I get it. Depending on any number of factors, coaches usually get minimal "free time". Especially in strength & conditioning, we usually spend that time trying to scarf down more information. Save yourself the hours; here is a compilation of the resources I personally use to stay up-to-date on the science, art and politics of S&C.
(Of course, hard science and research articles should always come first!)
SPORT SCIENCE RESOURCES.
- Science For Sport offers great articles and delivers a nice monthly newsletter into your inbox.
- RP+ from the nutrition giants Renaissance Periodization offers a members-only archive of videos, seminars, webinars, articles and forums on all matters sport science, nutrition and psychology.
- Connected Coaches is a community that posts all kinds of articles, including links to research, applicable posts, and continuing education information.
- Physiopedia is a great search engine-style resource for pre- and rehab knowledge.
- Robertson Training Systems features weekly articles featuring industry leaders on general physical preparedness as well as sport-specific training. They also host my favorite sport podcast, The Physical Preparation Podcast.
- YLM Sport Science creates concise infographic summaries of recent scientific papers; the manuscripts are always cited.
- Sport Performance & Science Reports reviews and publishes articles that aren't ground-breaking enough to make it into a prestigious journal. And, it's free!
- Sports Med News is an open-access portal for medical and training research (and application).
- Strength Coach by Michael Boyle is a classic. Access costs a fee, but he has many free articles. They are mostly opinion- and application-based pieces, but he has a lot more of that than most of us.
- The Talent Equation does have an interesting blog, but Stuart Armstrong offers a great podcast with very interesting guests and a variety of coaching topics.
- SimpliFaster posts regularly, explores a wide variety of approaches to athletic development, provides book recommendations, and offers many other resources.
EXTRA CREDIT: BOOKS.
- Game Changer: the Art of Sports Science by Dr. Fergus Connolly
- Conscious Coaching by Brett Bartholomew
- The Sports Gene: Inside the Science of Extraordinary Athletic Performance by David Epstein
- Choke: What the Secrets of the Brain Reveal About Getting It Right When You Have To by Dr. Sian Beilock
- Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
- Grit: the Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth